Functional Coatings is a vertically integrated, custom, private label contract manufacturing company able to provide 100% of our customers’ product requirements including custom or proprietary adhesive application, substrate acquisition, in-line two-sided lamination, 2 color in-line brand printing, custom slitting, packaging and labeling.
Our recent investment in new capital equipment, along with our experienced product development team, makes us a national leader in adhesive and coating technology.
2014 was our 25th anniversary and with it the start-up of our new 65” coating /converting line. This state-of-the-art coater is fed directly from one of our vertical axial turbine mixers that provides bulk adhesive feeding for continuous operation. Downstream enhancements such as an accumulator and auto-logger eliminate stop and start production, which increases per hour throughput. This technically sophisticated production platform provides meaningful productivity enhancements that translate directly to cost benefits. Our ability to provide single source solutions is a further economic benefit to our customers through reduced transportation, warehousing and administrative costs.
Our two coating lines apply Hot Melt Adhesive (HMA) from 1 to 30 mils on substrates from 20” to 65” in width. A beta gauge scanner provides coating profiles and machine adjustment every 60 seconds to assure consistent product quality and conformance with our ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Three pilot HMA mixing machines up to 800 lb. capacity for scale up testing to full production
- Five stainless, full vacuum, nitrogen blanket dual helix agitation design. 1500, 2500 and 3000 batch size
- Packaging, 55 gal fiber drums, 5 gal pails, 3 or 6 pack cavity packs
All stainless mixing and piping equipment. Negative pressure mixer (full vacuum) with induced nitrogen blanket produces pure oxygen-free hot melts in many formulations, all VOC-free. Our mixers can handle very high viscosity formulations where shearing of the rubber is needed.
- EVA and APAO laminating adhesives
- 20” to 65” widths
- Auto logging for wide web, 36 inches up to 65 inches
- Coating 1 mil to 30 mils (Other weights by request)
- Discontinuous “breathable” adhesive pattern
- Single or double-sided coating profiles to +/- .2 mil
- Direct and transfer coating
- Bulk adhesive delivery
- Split or slit release liner capability for easy liner removal
- Beta gauge scanner for highly accurate coating profiles
- Two color flexo-printing capability, 65 inches wide
Functional Coatings’ new 10,000 square foot air-conditioned finishing facility provides slitting, rewinding and packaging on new, dedicated equipment that greatly improves efficiency and throughput.
We provide printed labels that give high visibility to customer-branded products, and shrink-wrap them in our automated finishing line to insure product integrity.
Master rolls can be printed on our two color press, and therefore carry the customer brand through to its application.
Functional Coatings construction tapes, membranes and flashings use our advanced adhesive techniques to allow application over a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions without compromising their effectiveness.
- Four duplex differential tape slitters, 65 inches wide
- One simplex slitter/logger, 65 inches wide
- Individually shrink-wrap options with custom labels, printed boxes and cores